Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Coldest Girl In Coldtown Mini-Review

Title: The Coldest Girl In Coldtown

Author: Holly Black

Genre: YA/Paranormal

Release Date: September 3, 2013

My Rating: 
♥♥♥♥

Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist.  In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey.  The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave. 

 One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses.  The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret.  Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself. 

 The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a wholly original story of rage and revenge, of guilt and horror, and of love and loathing from bestselling and acclaimed author Holly Black.

~ Goodreads

Oh goodness... I though Better by S. Walden was going to be released on Tuesday (19th), but apparently it's been out since Sunday (17th), so I'm going to make this a quickie so that I can start Better!

The Coldest Girl In Coldtown is just.... wow.  I definitely was not expecting such a punch from a book about vampires!  Although, the vampires in TCGIT are much edgier and fiercer than the vampires in Twilight.  Oh, and more blood-thirsty.

Tana lives in a world where becoming a vampire is the norm.  A horrible and painful norm, but a norm nonetheless.  Enormous towns are dedicated to vampires and are sealed off, keeping the vampires from spreading the infection any further.  But some vampires have escaped the Coldtowns and are prowling the streets when they come across a high school party, putting Tana and her friends in the vicious vamps' line if sight.  It's a mix for catastrophe, love, and lots of bloodshed.

Edgy, dark, and carnivorous.
Tana, the main character, is so fierce and bad-ass that you immediately love her.  Her adventure in Coldtown in definitely a unique one!  There was so much action that it became a bit difficult to keep up, what with all of the gore and knives and daggers.  There was also a little bit of a romance thrown into the mix, which made me very happy.  I was practically drooling when it came to Gavriel and all of his hotness.  I mean, really, who wouldn't?  Tana and Gavriel are a match made in Cold (if you haven't read the book, you're probably what the hell I'm blabbering about).

TCGIC is beautifully lyrical, enchanting readers with more than just mesmerizingly gorgeous vampires.  I was sucked in from the beginning!  Tana's narration is hypnotic with just a hint of a gothic tone.  In other words, flawlessly perfect.

Overall, I'm giving TCGIC a 4.5/5 because I loved this refreshing take on vixen vampires!

4 comments:

  1. Great review!!! and happy #FF =)

    Thanks for following and I follow back.
    Amie @Magic of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy #FF (19)!! This is a great review, I have this on my TBR! I love your blog design. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now on GFC & Bloglovin.

    Kathy @My Nook, Books & More

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © BohoBookLover ♥ | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs