Monday, July 22, 2013

Cherry Money Baby ARC

Title: Cherry Money Baby

Author: John M. Cusick

Release Date: September 10, 2013
(I received an ARC for promotional use only)

My Rating:
♥♥♥♡


Cherry Kerrigan is a small-town girl.  She is content with living in a trailer with her father and brother, and is even happier to be residing next to her artistic boyfriend, Lucas.  Cherry's life is turned upside down the day she saves movie star Ardelia Deen and everything she has known for seventeen years will be thrown around like fruit in a smoothie machine.

Paparazzi, celebrities, drugs, and alcohol each make an appearance in her new life.  Cherry is no longer living the life of a lower-class high schooler, she's partying it up with the rich and famous.  But the lives of the famous aren't as spectacular as they seem, as Cherry will soon find out.

Before I start critiquing, I just want to say that this definitely is not my usual paranormal romance/thriller novel.  This is a coming-of-age novel.

Cherry:
Cherry is a very straight-forward, rough character.  She was often rude and kind of bitchy, I have to say.  I didn't connect with her very well, but that's probably because I'm used to sweet, broken characters in teen books.  Although, Cherry does handle stressful situations very well, as was her motto "I don't think."

Money:
Money plays a huge role in this novel.  Its' very plot centers around how money can change who you are as a person, inside and out.  It can change your attitude, your relationships with others, the way you dress, etc, and those are some of the difficulties Cherry has to face, what with Ardelia making incessant appearances in her life.

Baby:
Ardelia Deen wants a baby, but the only problem is she can't conceive.  She wants to have a Baby Mama and asks Cherry for her input on the candidates.  It's actually sort of sad if you really think about it.

Overall, I'm giving Cherry Money Baby a 3.5/5 because it was a charming read, but definitely not my cup of coffee.




1 comment:

Copyright © BohoBookLover ♥ | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs