Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Obsidian


Title: Obsidian (Lux Series #1)

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout


Genre: YA/Fantasy/Paranormal Romance

Release Date: May 8, 2012



My Rating
♥♥♥♥♥

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


Via Goodreads

Wow, wow, wow.  That was exactly what was running through my head when I finished Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  Also, the need to get the next books in the Lux series, like now.  
Alright, let's slow down.... so, I was a bit hesitant to get this book when I read the back cover because of the whole alien thing.  Now, I realize aliens could very well become the new vampires or werewolves or whatever.  This book has it all: adventure, romance, suspense, mystery, and aliens...who would have thought that all of those elements mixed together would make for a chair-gripping ride!

I loved the main character, Katy.  She is a bit of a nerd, she is a teensy bit awkward, and she seems a bit flustered, but that just makes her all the more lovable!  Katy is headstrong, sweet, and awesome.  I liked how she didn't completely fall flat on her head over Daemon; she kept her senses in check.  Daemon, Daemon, Daemon.... *fangirl moment* I love him!  Daemon is mysterious, kind of rude (actually a lot rude), and gorgeous.  Who wouldn't fall for his charm?  I was waiting for Katy and Daemon to get together throughout the entire book and when it happened I literally yelled "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?  DID HE JUST USE HER?!?!"  Katy and Daemon's relationship gets twisted and tangled throughout the entire book; one minute Katy is drooling over him and the next she is an impassive observer.  It was all too annoying for me!  I mean, seriously, he's super-duper easy on the eyes and he's an alien with superhuman powers!

Overall, I would have to give this book a 5/5 because of the thrilling action, the sweet characters, and the adorable relationships.  

(I will immediately review the next books in the series the minute I finish them... and finish doing the fangirl flail)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © BohoBookLover ♥ | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs